Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 2


So week 2, I received news from everyone in the office that we are moving office (relocating our office closer to the community.) It didn't really matter much to me because I was just starting to get comfortable and settling down in this building. So we will be moving from Gardena to Hawthorne. Everyone's kind of excited because in this office we're all the way in the back with no windows and we don't get to see a lot of the people from the community coming in. So bring on the new office already. haha

Anyways, I worked on my project a bit this week with the help of my MOM and everyone here in TCSC I was able to submit my curriculum and scheme of work for the 8weeks total that I will be teaching Tongan to the kids in between the ages 5 - 8. There were minor changes done to it after getting reviewed by Vanessa. I'm so grateful that I get the help that I am getting from my co-workers. This week ended perfectly as we attended Hawthorne High School's Polynesian Night to watch Sina Fifita (TCSC's High School intern and also Lupe's sister) a Senior who works a few hours in the office with us and also to drop off our Newsletter (FONO FAKAKOLO) for the community to take as they enter the theater for the show.

The Show was amazing and as the Seniors are preparing to end another chapter of life and begin a new one after next week, I was sooo ready to begin my new week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment